RSS feed for Shi'a Pundit

Shi'a Pundit

Devoted to the viewpoint of Islam of Muhammad SAW and Amir ul-Mumineen, Ali ibn Abi Talib SA, in the Shi'a Fatimi Ismaili Dawoodi Bohra tradition.

February 15, 2004

Eid-e Ghadir-e-Khum.

For any who are looking for information about Eid-e Ghadir e-Khum, do look at my entry from last year. I am quite late this year in honoring the occassion on my blog, mostly because our celebration in real life was far more pressing.

Salam Pax has a fascinating entry about the first celebration of Eid--e-Ghadir in Iraq by the long-oppressed Shi'a (Ithna Ashari) majority, finally free of Saddam. I am pleased to see mention of Qur'an-e-Natiq. It is a reference to the other famous hadith, "I am the city of knowledge, and Ali is the gate."

This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen Islam as your religion' (5:3)

permalink | posted by Shi'a Pundit

Archives

Nahj-ul Balagha

About Shi'a Pundit

Shi'a Pundit was launched in 2002 during the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. The blog focuses on issues pertaining to Shi'a Islam in the west and in the Islamic world. The author is a member of the Dawoodi Bohra Muslim community. Bohras adhere to the Shi'a Fatimi tradition of Islam, headed by the 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (TUS).

traffic stats -

html hit counter